“You can’t believe everything you read on the Internet,” said Abraham Lincoln. Remember, also, not to believe everything you hear about the Internet. At Teridion, we debunk common Internet performance myths every day. Instead, we provide a reality check.
In case you missed it, read our blog series to learn why you and your customers don’t have to settle for slow and inadequate performance.
- Internet Myth #1: Speed of Light Explains Poor Performance
- Internet Myth #2: Building Regional POPs is the Best Way to Improve Global Internet Performance
- Internet Myth #3: Key to Great Performance is Lax Security
- Internet Myth #4: Upload Performance Always Stinks
- Internet Myth #5: Internet Performance is Good Enough
- Internet Myth #6: Chinese Internet Performance Problems Cannot Be Fixed
- Internet Myth #7: The Internet was Designed for Optimal Performance
- Internet Myth #8: The Internet Uses BGP Routing to Find the Fastest Path
- Internet Myth #9: Monitoring Can Solve Internet Backbone Problems
- Internet Myth #10: Putting Servers Close to End Users Solves Performance Problems
Continuing to believe in these Internet performance myths comes at the cost of a consistently great,