QA Automation Engineer
About The Position
Teridion is the provider of a leading cloud-based global high-performance network platform, and SASE enabler. What we envisioned five years ago is what enterprises need today. The workplace has changed, and more than ever, enterprises need our platform to transform the way they connect to sites, users and applications.
At Teridion we are rebuilding the network from the ground up as high-performing network connectivity, bypassing peering agreements and internet infrastructure limitations, with the mission statement that everyone deserves performance-driven network connectivity.
What should you expect while working as an Automation engineer?
Here in Teridion, the teams are working based on the Agile environment in Feature teams, and our Automation platform is based on Java. All the developers are taking part in writing automated tests for their features. Therefore, they are responsible for covering all new features in automation tests as part of the development of new features.
As an Automation Engineer, your main role is to support the development process by creating new building blocks in the Automation Framework, to maintain a high level of feature coverage during the regression process while creating simple to use libraries and tools that ease the day to day tasks.
Responsibilities and Scope:
- Provide Automation Infrastructure (and tests) knowledge and support
- Update the Automation Infrastructure according to Product design and Feature testing requirements
- Consult and support the Developers during Feature development to make sure the Automation is aligned and supports all testing requirements
- Monitoring and supporting the ongoing regression process
- Most of the tasks cover Automation Infrastructure and testing of Networking and Backend (Server-side) functionality, and based on API (REST, etc.), CLI, and such
- 2 or more years of experience in Automated testing background (QA methodologies, tools, and processes), focused on Automation Infrastructure and Backend testing, ideally a SaaS environment
- At least 2 years of experience with Object-Oriented Programming language: Java (allowed retraining from C#)
- Experience and a solid understanding of the Networking principles (e.g. DNS, routing, traffic, protocols)
- Ability to multitask, display flexibility, independence, and strong analytical skills
- Basic knowledge in LINUX/Unix operating systems
- Ability to see the big picture and at the same time to pay attention to details
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Networking protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, GRE, and SSL)
- HTTP / REST protocols, REST API usage, and testing
- Software project management - Maven
- Scripting languages: bash / Perl / Ruby / Python
- DB: SQL and NoSQL