Today we announced our expanded SD-WAN as a service offering for mainland China. Now, enterprises can connect their sites in mainland China with IPSec and SD-WAN over low cost broadband Internet, with carrier grade reliability and high bandwidth performance. And it is compliant with the Chinese MIIT’s CDTIA regulations.
How It Works
It is really easy:
1. Provide Teridion the location of your sites
2. Create an IPSec connection from your branch office router, firewall, or SDWAN appliance to our network
3. Your WAN will be provisioned and ready to go within 24 hours
How Is This Service Different Than Others?
- Sites in mainland China can use broadband Internet, IPSec, and SD-WAN.
- Unlike carrier services like MPLS, it is NOT bandwidth capped. Datarates as high as 1 Gbps are possible.
- It is easy to use and fast to provision.
Why Is This A Big Deal? (Because It IS A Big Deal!)
There is a lot of confusion around SD-WAN, IPSec, VPNs, and getting WAN traffic in and out of mainland China. Let’s take a swing at clearing things up:
1. In January of 2018, China’s MIIT made good on its promise to block the use of IPSec and VPNs to bypass the policies of the “Great Firewall of China”.
2. Caught in the crossfire of the rules enforcement were multinational enterprises that were using IPSec VPNs to connect their locations in mainland China to other corporate locations worldwide.
3. With the use of IPSec blocked, enterprises were forced to migrate to other connectivity options.
4. Those options included the use of MPLS circuits, or managed VPNs through the “Big 3” providers in China. These options are both bandwidth constrained and very expensive.
Our service is available today, and works with your existing branch routers, firewalls, or SD-WAN appliances. You can find out more right here.